Client: Baldwin Wallace University
Architect: Westlake Reed Leskosky Architects
Value: $4.35 million
Location: Berea, Ohio
- Built in the 1800s, the chapel required complete interior demolition, which involved removal of an interior upper chapel ceiling, exposing hidden German artistry.
- New drywall ceilings were installed and the German artistry was duplicated.
- Ten stained-glass window units were removed and restored to their original beauty.
- The 100-foot bell tower was shored, and new foundation work was installed.
- The main sanctuary finishes consisted of refinished wood floors and award-winning millwork.