Client: Ruffing Montessori School
Architect: Schmidt Copeland Parker Stevens
Value: $3.6 million
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Provided construction management services for the expansion of the second-oldest Montessori school in the United States.
- Completed in three phases coordinated during regular school activities.
- Added nearly 10,000 SF to the existing building footprint and unified the campus.
- Building is seeking LEED™ (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification on the new construction phase of the project.
- Energy-saving techniques include a geothermal ground source energy system, improved water efficiency, natural light, a living roof and the use of recycled and renewable materials.
- Also included are a children’s playhouse, toddler nap rooms, multipurpose school rooms for both elementary and middle schools, and office space.